Search this Blog!!!

About this blog.

I created this blog to spread the information about the Internet Services available in Pakistan. It will cover every aspect of the consumer as well as the ISP. And I hope people will find the information use full and it will help them to deal with there own ISP.

PTCL Smart TV


PTCL's Smart connection started on 14 August 2008 and cost Rs 1499 per month. Ptcl do claim that they will be introducing more features and more flexible packages very soon. This services is currently available in all the areas where PTCL's DSL services currently work.
Features Provided Under regular PTCL Smart connection:
  • 512 kbps Unlimited Broadband Internet
  • 100+ TV channels
  • Capability to rewind 10 live TV channels
  • Video on Demand
  • Parental Control
  • Regular Telephony
This is PTCL's brave attempt to capture more people into its net. I will agree that this is a charming offer and attract many customers but the big question still remain . Will the current PTCL land-Line Infrastructure will be able to cope with this extra burden? PTCL struggels to give proper signal strength to its DSL customers and this being live tele will require better than whats currently available on the Poles.

When I used DSL I used to have regular Un-Sync. issue due to high Attenuation and Low Signal Strength. I changed all of my internal wiring even asked the line-man to change the dropwire which connects my PC to the Pole, nothing I tried or as many complaints I logged but the issue was not resolved. I have heard same kind of problems from many DSL users.

I would agree that the condition in newly developed areas are a little better. In these areas underground fiber-optics cables provide the services rather traditional cable ones. PTCL calls these particular lines ONU. And they hope to extend these line to the extent where they will no longer need the 1900s copper wiring. If that may happen i see PTCL as the only contender to win the Pakistani ISP war.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
King Khan said...

Great Blog i Like this blog keep it up thanks ;)
Watch Live TV Channels, Live TV with us.


Your blog is nice keep updating.


Watch TV | Web TV Channels | Live TV Channels